I heard about the ThirdWeb x Hashnode hackathon a few days ago, so this time I knew it wouldn't be possible to finish a product in time without some help from my ex-coworkers @jaqabalix & @diegofcornejo.
Thanks to ThirdWeb and Hashnode for this opportunity to introduce ourselves to real-life web3 development which we had been trying to, and also to work together in a project as a team after a few years.
📢 About The Project
Beyond just trying ThirdWeb out, we focused on finding real-life problems we could solve with the help of their services.
One of the use cases for NFTs and Web3 technologies that we believe could add value to many industries right now is the ability to use NFTs holding status as a factor of authentication.
We recently learned about the #thirdweb #thirdwebHackathon on #Hashnode and thought it would be a great opportunity to build a tool that allows you to do just that.
The idea is to have a web application for you to create and manage authentication profiles, these can help you gate your application based on NFT ownership by creating rules such as:
- User wallet should hold any NFT of a specific collection
- User wallet should hold a specific TokenID from a given collection
This way you are creating a security profile for NFT holders. Then the profile will also provide a React library you can install on any react application to be able to import components such as a "Sign In with Metamask" button.
🎉 Fun Fact: Our application uses ThirdWeb's MetaMask authentication to sign up users to the service
- Sign up with MetaMask
- Add authentication profiles
- Use a collection contract address or
- An NFT Token ID in a specific collection
- Follow implementation instructions
- Comprehensive docs, specs and code clean-up
- Use ThirdWeb to support other wallets besides MetaMask
- Mint collections of NFTs to add to your security profiles
- Launch web3 Authentication as a Service
- Official Svelte, Vue & Angular libraries
🛠 Built With
- ThirdWeb - As Web3 SDK and service provider
- Next.js - As a frontend application framework
- React - As frontend library
- TailwindCSS - As CSS framework
- DaisyUI - As UI library
- Node.js - Serverless functions runtime
- Vercel - Application hosting and serverless functions platform
- Prisma - ORM
- PostgreSQL - Database
- AWS - Database Hosting
We hope you all find ThirdAuth something worth giving a try or better yet, to use it as part of your tech stack.